THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GARDEN:
URBAN FARMING THROUGH THE SEASONS
|FREE: Urban Farming CLASSES
NEWCOMERS ENCOURAGED TO JOIN US!!!First Thursday of Every monthStarting November 5, 2015
9:30 Breakfast (RSVP)
|345 Douglas Street
Los Angeles, CA 90026
THE AGRICULTURAL YEAR starts in the fall in southern california. We’ll take you through:
- soil preparation
- agricultural zone
- garden design and planning
- winter and summer crops
- drip irrigation
- apartment and balcony urban farming, including sprouting, microgreens and composting (how to farm with little space and time!)
- fertilizing and pest control– organically!
- Wheelchair accessible farming
- urban farming within a social justice framework–the politics of food, environmental racism, education, cultivating sustainable communities of mutual aid and support!!!
- food sharing fellowship and support!
- Newcomers welcome any time.
- CHILDREN WELCOME, ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT!
- We are an anti-racist, anti-sexist, LGBTQIA affirmative space.
- This, and all events all We Project events, are wheelchair accessible and dis-ability affirmative. Please call ahead if you need an accessible parking space or other accommodations. There is some on street parking, and we can reserve off street parking, as needed.
Currently harvesting- gourmet herbs, lemons and plantains!!!!