Echo Park is a wonderful community we are so glad to be a part of. Here is our growing list of favorite places and things to do, within walking distance of DragonflyHill Urban Farm.
New features added regularly.
This list is also maintained on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/notes/dragonflyhill-urban-farm-community/echo-park-its-own-destination/10154023350589323
Parks and Recreation
Echo Park has 4 beautiful parks within walking distance to DragonflyHill
Echo Park Lake featured in many t.v. and films over the years. This park has a beautiful lake with paddle boats, a boat house, a wonderful restaurant, wildlife, a playground, picnic benches, rest rooms, walking paths.
- Vista Hermosa Natural Park, featuring native plants, walking trails, playground, picnic benches, rest rooms. http://lamountains.com/parks.asp?pa…
- Echo Park Tennis Courts: https://www.yelp.com/biz/echo-park-…
- Patton Street Park, including adult playground, children’s play ground, community garden and community center. http://www.weoneil.com/portfolio/pa…
- Echo Park Indoor Pool: http://www.laparks.org/dos/aquatic/… Check for schedule: Includes adult swim, recreational swim, swim classes, aerobics, etc. (Just a block from DragonflyHill Urban Farm Community!
- Echo Park Branch- Los Angeles Public Library: Access the entire Los Angeles Public Library collection, just a half a block from DragonflyHill Urban Farm Community
- Elysian Park, Los Angeles Home of Dodger Stadium
- The best quesadilla in L.A. http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/this-might-be-the-best-quesadilla-in-los-angeles-7748204
- Brite Spot: Healthy, comfort diner food, about 6 blocks from DragonflyHill Urban Farm Community, just past Echo Park Lake, on Sunset Blvd.
- Leo’s Taco Truck on Glendale blvd. Just take Temple Blvd west to Glendale, turn left. Rated among the top 10 tacos in Los Angeles, and open late nights.
- TAIX French Restaurant is one of L.A.s oldest restaurants. It offers both affordability and elegance. It’s on Sunset Blvd, across from Brite Spot.
- K Bakery offers wonderful pan dulce, but also breakfast, lunch and dinner including tacos, tortas (sandwiches), burritos, bionicos, juices, agua dulce, smoothies and ice cream. We feature their pan dulce and bolillos at breakfast quite frequently. On Temple, east of Douglas, only a few blocks away.
- Brooklyn Bagel Bakery: the BEST bagels. We’re waiting for them to reopen. Also featured regularly on our breakfast table.
- Señor Fish – Echo Park: Great Mexican seafood, just on Sunset Blvd.
- Sage Organic Vegan Bistro (Los Angeles)
- Vons 1342 N. Alvarado (213) 483-5573 Open until 12:00 AM
- Lassens Echo Park: Large locally owned health food store, on Sunset Blvd. Address: 1631 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026 (213) 542-6535
- A-Grocery Warehouse Supermarket Asian grocery store selling a range of products including produce & fresh fish. 1487 Sunset Blvd (213) 482-4803 Opens at 9:00 AM
- Echo Park Farmers’ Market is open every Friday rain or shine, from 3pm-7:30pm, and is held on Logan Street, just south of Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park. – See more at: http://www.seela.org/echo-park-farm…
- Wednesday or Thursdays, Douglas Street is visited by a fruit and vegetable truck with lots of wonderful fresh vegetables and fruit. It stops in front of DragonflyHill Urban Farm Community. We know it’s here when the horn honks, usually between noon and 3 PM. It’s a great chance to meet neighbors and save some money on high quality produce.
- The Echo and Echo Plex: Concerts
- Carroll Street- Victorian Houses Carroll Avenue Carroll Avenue Victorian and Craftsman homes, on a historic street. You’ve seen these homes in movies and television shows. Go on a walking tour! https://www.laconservancy.org/event… https://www.yelp.com/biz/carroll-av…
- Dodger Stadium
- Bob Baker Marionette Theater: Just down the street!!!!