Guidelines for Participation at DragonflyHill Urban Farm
In consideration for the safety and enjoyment of everyone who stays, lives and works here.
We thank you for your consideration
Respect the Space:
- We value deeply the diversity, labor, skill and craft of everyone who participates, works and lives at and around DragonflyHill Urban Farm. We therefore insist that people are especially vigilant to avoid speech and actions that are hurtful, marginalizing and offensive. We are ethnically and culturally diverse, anti-racist, anti-sexist, child friendly, wheelchair accessible and dis-ability and LGBTQIA affirmative. We strongly abide by these values and hope you’ll join us.
- We are part of a larger community that is also economically, ethnically and culturally diverse. We deeply value our relationships with our neighbors. If guests have a problem with something or someone in the neighborhood, please contact your DragonflyHill Team and let us do what we can to resolve it. We highly discourage notifying the police, especially given the particular history of the police in this area and their relationship to the community.
- Absolutely NO contraband: No porn, drugs or weapons. No guns. No exceptions! This is not a moral judgement, but rather a security consideration and lifestyle choice for the space, and of course, no illegal criminal activity. This includes medical marijuana, as long as it remains federally criminalized. When the federal restrictions are lifted we will of course honor medical uses of this medication.
- This is a safe and sober space. No alcohol without special arrangements and consideration.
- Service dogs and their owners are encouraged to participate in all events throughout the compound. No pets (this does not apply to working dogs) are allowed inside any of the buildings (except our cat, who is not allowed in the Purple Barn and Studio Space.) If you are planning on bringing pets, please get permission first. and of course, do not pet, distract or feed service animals without the permission of their owner.
- Please use scent free personal products before attending events at DragonflyHill Urban Farm, so that everyone can attend regardless of chemical sensitivity. We provide information on scent free products and the products we use at the Farm on our web page. If you are allergic to any of these products, let us know in advance so we can do everything possible to accommodate your full participation. We cannot guarantee a scent free space but we do encourage people to understand that their choice of fragrances can impact the human rights and access of others.
- There is no smoking inside any of the buildings. We do allow smoking on the front porch and by the bench near the side porch. Please dispose of your cigarette butts in the receptacle provided.
- Hate speech, bullying, sexism, cis-sexism, ableism, racism, bigotry, discrimination, harassment, ridicule, provocation and government infiltration will not be tolerated.
- No cops, law enforcement, governmental security agents or military personnel etc. allowed. If you have a warrant we of course will not obstruct you in your court mandated work, but we do not give consent.
- DragonflyHill does not discriminate on the basis of and provides for a dialogue on the issues of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, immigration status, dis-ability and religion.
Events at DragonflyHill Urban Farm
all of the above guidelines apply as well as:
- All events need to take into consideration the surrounding residential community, making sure that noise level and other interruptions to daily living are respectful of those who live in and around DragonflyHill Urban Farm.
- Private areas including the residences of DragonflyHill are off limits. When using the Museum House for events, bedrooms are off limits except to residents and overnight guests.
- All events MUST be wheelchair accessible and dis-ability affirmative and respectful of the universal human rights of all peoples, without exception. Public events requesting donations must make exception for those who cannot afford the cost of admission.
- The following disclosure must be included on all event announcements: “This event is wheelchair accessible and dis-ability affirmative. if you need additional accommodations please contact us 72 hours prior to the event. Parking is limited, to reserve off street parking based on need, please contact: (provide contact information). To allow for greater participation, including people with chemical sensitivity disorder, this is a scent free space. Please refrain from using scented personal products before attending this event. For people requiring a scent free space, we apologize but unfortunately cannot guarantee a scent free space.”
- Pathways and doorways must be maintained to allow for access at all times.
- A designated access facilitator must be provided for all events to assure full access and a dis-ability affirmative environment is maintained. (For more information:http://inbedwithfridakahlo.wordpress.com/2009/09/30/guide-to-accessible-event-planning/ also feel free to ask us for assistance on this, as well )
- Groups using the space must take responsibility for set up and clean up.
- We request a rental fee and security deposit, but also encourage the development of nonfinancial means of reciprocity, communion and sustainability, with the understanding that different people and groups have different levels of ability and all people have something to contribute and need space to do so. We cannot build community without all sectors of the community. In most circumstances, a security deposit of $100 is required for use of the facilities and will be refunded if the staff at DragonflyHill Urban Farm does not have to clean up after you. We have reciprocity plans to cover the deposit as well.
- Keys and key codes to DragonflyHill Urban Farm are not to be shared with anyone but the person(s) responsible for the event or space rental. Codes are changed regularly.
all of the general guidelines apply as well as:
- Earliest check in is at 4 PM.
- Check out is at 11 AM unless other arrangements have been made.
- Please join us for breakfast.
- Use of the kitchen can be scheduled with any of the DragonflyHill Team. Use any of the kitchen supplies, not including food (except ice tea). Use assigned refrigerator space only. Rinse off dishes and place in sink.
- Do not remove bedding, towels, equipment, bath products, books, kitchen utensils, plates, containers or other items provided by DragonflyHill from the premises.
- All bedding is removed and washed between guests. Blankets are provided in your room and are stored in plastic bags. If you use the blankets, please do not put them back in the plastic bag. Leave them out so we know to clean them for the next guest.
- Please make use of the rest of the space– the gardens, gazebo, front porch, living room and dining room when they are not in use. The Studio,including the Purple Barn and the Frida Room, as well as the common areas of the Museum House (the kitchen, living room and dining room ) are also available for exclusive use by appointment. A small fee may apply.
- Parking is available in assigned spaces subject to availability.
- No overnight pets, except our cat, are allowed in the Museum House. Of course, this does not apply to service animals who are always welcome, and again, do not pet, distract or feed service animals without the permission of their owners.
- Registered guests only. Overnight fees apply for additional guests. An overnight guest is anyone on the premises between 10:30PM and 7:30AM, unless specific arrangements have been made. Additionally, frequent visitors to guest suites is discouraged.