All ages and Grade Levels, Pre K through Adult
We offer tutoring and proofreading in the following areas:
- All math subjects: remedial, enrichment, whole family, problem solving, critical thinking, and most of all FUN!
- Language Arts: reading, writing, language development, critical thinking, problem solving
- Social Sciences: researching skills, proofreading, writing assistance.
- Test Taking and Test Prep: SAT, GED test preparation.
- Organizational Skills for All Students: materials, equipment, time management, space management, prioritizing, tools, record keeping, calendaring, social media, managing anxiety, goal development.
- Assistance for Students with Disabilities: organizational, language development, enrichment, focusing, handling distractions, prioritizing, remediation, and everything we do for and with everyone else!
- ESL (English As a Second Language: Assistance with communication and writing for students learning English as a second language.
- Proofreading: manuscripts, letters, articles, drafts of all types.
- College Applications: searching for a college, SAT training, applying, personal statements, cover letters.
In our space or your home!
- We can develop materials and lessons or assist with the materials the student is using in school.
- We encourage personal investment in the learning process, inquisitiveness, creativity, problem solving, critical thinking.(For minor children, parents must be present at all times. We can include and involve parents and provide strategies for parents to use when assisting their children.)
Andy Griggs & Emma Rosenthal are both retired teachers. Emma is a published writer and artist. Both are skilled in instructional delivery on a variety of topics.
Rates: $50 an hour, plus travel fees for tutoring in your home.